Tuesday, November 4, 2008

7 1/2 Habits

One of my post is suppose to be about being a lifelong learner.

#2 of the 23 Things was to watch a tutorial called "Seven and 1/2 Habits of Highly Successful Lifelong Learners" which talked about what it means to be a lifelong learner, ways that we learn, and obviously the 7 1/2 Habits they have.

So, I'm suppose to post about which of the habits I find the easiest and hardest for me and why.

I would suppose that viewing problems as a challenge might be my hardest habit. I find this difficult because I can often get bogged down with the problem and not focus on the fact that this can be a chance for me to learn.

I thing that the easiest habit for me is to mentor/teach. This is likely because my educational background is in teaching. It might also be because I'm a bit like little Lisa Simpson "the answer to a question nobody asked" meaning I love telling people about things and showing them how something works and explaining every aspect. Thus my current job.

No comments: